Rumors are circulating that the DEVOUR will be sold via indirect channels on February 25, and at all Verizon Wireless retail channels no later than March 15.
However, the official announcement from Verizon Wireless and Motorola Inc., made earlier this month, stated that the Motorola DEVOUR will be available at retail in March.
These rumors follow a very interesting Super Bowl 2010 commercial featuring actress Megan Fox bathing with a DEVOUR handset. Interestingly enough, the commercial never makes clear what handset the actress is actually holding as Fox refers to the DEVOUR as, “this little guy.” Instead, the commercial highlights a key feature of the phone, MOTOBLUR.
MOTOBLUR Social Networking Platform
The DEVOUR will be one of the first phone to feature
Verizon Wireless’ the exclusive MOTOBLUR social networking platform. Devour’s Google Android operating system will allow MOTOBLUR to sync contacts from personal and work email addresses. Users can simply log-on to the MYMOTOBLUR site and input contacts they wish to have accessible by handheld (from the likes of Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, Outlook, and others) and import them.
Inter-connectivity seems to be the DEVOUR’s main selling point as instant messaging platforms are expanded beyond Google Talk. This is unlike the limited offering of the Droid, by Motorola, which also runs on a Google Android operating system. Perhaps attributed to MOTOBLUR, the DEVOUR will have the capability to run the likes of Yahoo Messenger and AOL Instant Messenger, among others. Visual Voicemail is another inter-connectivity feature the DEVOUR will be readily equipped with.
Motorola Devour Specs:
- Display Size: 3.1 inch, HVGA (320 x 480 pixels) 65K color TFT LCD
- Weight: 5.89 oz or 180 grams
- Size: 61 x 115.5 x 15.4 mm
- Memory: 8 GB microSD included (up to 32 GB)
- Battery life: Up to 389 minutes usage time, up to 443 hours standby time
- Functionality: Touch sensitive navigation pad, Android 1.6 OS, QWERTY keyboard, touch screen, voice commands, accelerometer
- Network: CDMA 800/1900 EVDO rev A
- Playable Formats: AAC, AMR, H.263, H.264, MP3, MPEG-4, WAV, WMA, WMV, MIDI, AAC+
- Video: Streaming video, video capture @ 23 fps
- Camera: 3 MP, continuous digital zoom, fixed focus, with image editing tools
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, USB 2.0, 802.11 b & g, Micro USB, AGPS, DLNA
Remember, a great phone comes with a great plan. Use BillShrink to find the best cell phone plan!