Effective May 11, 2009
BillShrink, Inc. (“BillShrink”) offers certain services, tools, links and recommendations to assist you in shopping for products and services related to the purchase of third party products and services. BillShrink bases its recommendations on information you provide regarding your usage habits for the applicable products and services.
Information Collection & Use
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our Services, to administer your subscription and to enable users to enjoy and easily navigate and use our Site and Services.
Personally Identifiable Information
• When you register us, we will ask you for certain information that can be used to contact or identify you and to administer your account (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, your name, any user names, account passwords, phone numbers, or other billing information, email address, home and business postal addresses and your privacy preferences. If you sign up to receive promotional offers or alerts via text messaging, any mobile number you provide us to receive such offers or alerts will be collected by BillShrink as Personal Information. BillShrink may also request that you provide Personal Information when you order additional services (for example, premium functionality), when you request promotional information, when you complete customer surveys, when you participate in contests or provide testimonials, when you call our customer support line and if you contact or interact with us.
Product Usage Information
• BillShrink uses Product Usage Information to offer you personalized recommendations. Product Usage Information permits us to recommend products and services that we believe will be of interest to you, personalize your viewing, select targeted advertisements or other promotions for you and offer you local content and advertising information. We may also use Product Usage Information for internal purposes, such as testing and quality assurance.
Site Usage Information
• BillShrink uses Site Usage Information for internal purposes such as to administer, improve and customize the Site, to help BillShrink understand and analyze how the Services are being used, to track aggregate usage, to provide technical administration, to increase the Site’s functionality and user-friendliness and to better tailor the Site to our visitors’ needs. For example, some information is collected so that when you visit the Site again, it will recognize you and serve advertisements and other information appropriate to your interests.
Aggregate Usage Information
• BillShrink will aggregate Product Usage Information and/or Site Usage Information (“Aggregate Usage Information”). BillShrink uses Aggregate Usage Information to understand what our customers want, for editorial, feedback, marketing and promotion purposes, for statistical analysis, product development and content improvement and to create aggregate reports of how users are using the Services. We may combine your Personal Information, Product Usage Information and/or Site Usage Information and aggregate it with information collected from other users to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the Services and to analyze and understand your usage. We may also use the combined information without aggregating it to serve you specifically, for instance to deliver a product to you according to your preferences or restrictions.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to BillShrink. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your account ID, login password, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We do not share Personal Information, Site Usage Information, Product Usage Information and/or Aggregate Usage Information with third parties except as follows:
• Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information. We may share Aggregate Usage Information that does not include Personal Information and we may otherwise disclose Product Usage Information and/or Site Usage Information with third parties (including suppliers, advertisers, research companies and other organizations) for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other purposes. Any information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Information.
• Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services, to provide the Services on our behalf, to perform tasks, (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Services) or to assist us in analyzing how our Services are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. We may also provide Personal Information to our business partners or other trusted entities for the purpose of providing you with information on goods or services we believe will be of interest to you. You can, at any time, opt out of receiving such communications.
• Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. BillShrink cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of BillShrink or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
All subscribers may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in their registration profile by changing the applicable information in your account settings in the “User Profile” section. If you completely delete all such information, then your account may become deactivated. If you would like us to delete your record in our system, please contact us and we will attempt to accommodate your request if we do not have any legal obligation to retain the record. From time to time, we may contact you be mail, email, telephone or SMS to tell you about additional products or services that we or third parties may offer. If you do not wish to receive such calls or promotional materials, please contact us and we will attempt to accommodate your request.
BillShrink is very concerned with safeguarding your information. We employ administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored “personal data” (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on this Site in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Links to Other Sites
Our Site contains links to other websites. If you choose to visit an advertiser by “clicking on” a banner ad or other type of advertisement, or click on another third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that the Site permits you to link to a website or present a banner ad or other type of advertisement is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
Our Policy Towards Children
The Services are not directed to persons under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us via the contact details listed below. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.
If you use a bulletin board, blog, or other community feature on this Web site, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums.
BillShrink is a licensee of the TRUSTe Web Privacy Seal Program. TRUSTe is an independent organization whose mission is to build user’s trust and confidence in the Internet by promoting the use of fair information practices. This privacy statement covers the Web site located at http://www.billshrink.com. Because this Web site wants to demonstrate its commitment to your privacy, it has agreed to disclose its information practices and have its privacy practices reviewed for compliance by TRUSTe. If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact us as specified in the “Contacting Us” section of this statement. If you do not receive acknowledgement of your inquiry or your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, you should contact TRUSTe at http://www.truste.org/consumers/watchdog_complaint.php; TRUSTe will then serve as a liaison with us to resolve your concerns.
Modification of Terms